Subcontracting with Supply of Material
In contrast to standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, COSMO Discrete Manufacturing offers the option of mapping subcontracting with supply of material. In this case, the items provided are predefined in the Master BOM or Production BOM. However, these settings can be changed during order handling.
The material to be supplied is defined in the Master BOM or Production BOM. The Flushing Method of this item must be set to Backward to ensure that components are automatically consumed when a Subcontracting Purchase Order gets posted.
- If the Enclosure check box is selected in a Prod. Order Component, the Flushing Method field is automatically set to Backward if not already set. A message will notify you that the Flushing Method has been changed.
- If the Enclosure check box is selected in one of the other tables (Master BOM Line, Document BOM, Construction Line, Production BOM Line), a check is done to determine if the Flushing Method of the Item Card or Stockkeeping Unit Card is already set to Backward. If not, a warning notification opens with an Edit function to directly open the Item Card/Stockkeeping Unit Card to change the Flushing Method manually.
The item is linked to the correct Subcontracting Work Center by the Routing Link Code field.
To map the supply of material accurately, at least two Location Codes should be defined:
- One Location Code from which material is provided.
- One Location Code to which the material to be provided is transferred. This is generally the storage location of the subcontractor.
If several subcontractors are being used, define a separate Location for each subcontractor.
The transfer can occur from either the:
- Item Reclassification Journal
- Transfer Order
The manner in which the transfers are mapped is defined in the Configure to Order Setup page (see Manufacturing FastTab).
The subcontracting step is performed by storing a vendor number in the Subcontractor No. field on the Work Center Card as in standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. The subcontractor’s storage location code to where the material provided is to be transferred is entered on the Vendor Card.
The connection between the subcontracting step and the material provided is established within the Master BOM or Production BOM using a Routing Link Code.
The system recognizes the subcontracting steps from the Subcontracting Worksheet and generates the provision of material either from inventory Reclassification Journals or Transfer Orders.
On the Related menu, choose Line > Planned Supplies to see if and which components will be enclosed to the subcontractor.
Purchase orders are generated from the subcontracting worksheet as in standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. On the purchase order, choose Order > Enclosure on the Related menu to open either the Item Reclassification Journal or the Transfer Order (or a list of transfer orders) and the item transfer can be posted.
To ensure that the postings can be executed correctly in the further process, any Prod. Order Component for which a Transfer Order line has been created (Transfer Created = TRUE), the following fields cannot be edited: Item No., Variant Code, Location Code, and Expected Quantity.
When the receipt is posted for the subcontracting purchase order, ledger entries are automatically posted for the corresponding series of operations on the production orders, and since the Flushing Method on the Prod. Order Components was set to Backward, the transferred material is automatically posted as consumption as well. This behavior corresponds to standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Submit feedback for.