Production Order Resource Need
The Prod. Order Resource Need page is similar to the Prod. Order Resource Plan page, except that it shows the skills sets needed for resource scheduling.
The Prod. Order Resource Need page is accessed using Tell Me. Choose the icon, enter Prod. Order Resource Plan, and then choose the related link.
As with any matrix page in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, the fields in the Matrix Options FastTab filter the information in the matrix lines. The fields in the Prod. Order Resource Plan page are described in the following table.
|Matrix Options||View by||Filters the data in the matrix lines based on:
- Shift: matrix lines are segmented by the shift information, including day, date and times.
- Time periods: matrix lines are segmented by the Day, Week, Month, Quarter, or Year.
- Accounting Period: matrix lines are segmented by accounting periods.
|View as||Filters the matrix lines by:
- Allocated Hours: segmented matrix lines show resource hours that have been allocated to the skill set (for example, 1.00).
- Open Hours: segmented matrix lines show hours without resource allocation (for example, 2.25).
- Allocated Hours vs. Total Need: segmented matrix lines show allocated resource hours versus the needed resource hours (for example, 2|2 fulfilled, 8.5|8.75 not fulfilled).
- Open Hours vs. Total Need: segmented matrix lines show open resource hours versus the needed resource hours (for example, 0|1 fulfilled, .25|8.75 not fulfilled).
- Available Resource Hours: segmented matrix lines show resource hours that are still available for scheduling. Choosing this option opens a dialog confirming the selection because calculation can be time-consuming.
- Open Hours vs. Available Resource Hours: segmented matrix lines show hours without resource allocation versus the number of resource hours that are still available for scheduling. Choosing this option opens a dialog confirming the selection because calculation can be time-consuming.
|Shift Specification Code||Filters the matrix lines based a shift specification. This value will be automatically set based on the individual setting in the User Setup or the default in the Planning Extension Setup page.
For more information, see User Setup and Planning Extension Setup.
|Date Filter||Filters the matrix lines for a specific date or date range.|
|Prod. Order Status Filter||Filters the matrix lines by a specific production order status (Planned, Firm Planned, Released, or Finished).|
|Prod. Order Resource Need Matrix||Description||Description of the skill set.|
|Time Type||Indicates the time type (setup procedure or processing step) of the skill set.|
|Data Fields||Dynamic fields based on the View by and View as filters.
Choose the value to open the entries that represent the values. The pages that open for each View as option are:
- Allocated Hours / Allocated Hours vs. Total Need: Prod. Order Routing Resources
- Open Hours / Open Hours vs. Total Need: Prod. Order Cap. Resource Need
- Available Resource Hours: Skill-Based Resource List
- Open Hours vs. Available Resource Hours: opens a request page with two options:
-- Open Need: operations that do not have allocated resources, opens the Prod. Order Cap. Resource Need page
-- Available Resources: available resources that have the needed skills, opens the Skill-Based Resource List page for the skill set
In most cases, it is possible to add entries in any of the pages opened from these data fields. For example, add production orders to a resource, or change available capacity per entry.
Depending on the view, the text is displayed in bold green for demand that has been scheduled or in bold red for demand that has not been scheduled.
On the Prod. Order Resource Need Matrix FastTab, choose Skill Set > Skills to open the Skill Set Entries page for the selected skill.
Submit feedback for.