Scheduling on Due Date in Sequence Planning
When a sales order is created with a desired delivery date and a quantity of an item which the order can be scheduled, the planning function is used to direct the production.
This option is especially useful for fast processing of smaller work orders, such as when customers cut lengths of standard products from the bearing.
On the Actions menu, choose Plan > Planning. The standard Sales Order Planning page opens. To create the production order, choose the Create Prod. Order action.
When the Planning on Specified Date toggle is turned on, a check is done to determine whether a scheduling order on the work center is possible at the specified time. Depending on the option, either a production order is created, scheduled and fixed at the same time, or you get a message that a schedule at this time is not possible.
If the shipment date on the sales line is before the specified date, then it is set to the specified date during the Create Order From Sales process.
A sales order for an item is created with the desired delivery date of March 14. Planning is run and a production order is created. In the Sequence Planning for this work center and production order, the end date is set to March 9, although the end date on the production order is March 12.
The difference in ending dates is because the desired delivery date is calculated backward from the machine and the other routing operations.
In this example, there are six production order routing lines for one production order line. The third line is the sequence work center.
When the sequence planning is calculated:
- The starting date of the third production order routing line is updated with the End Date Sequence Planning field of the previous production order line in sequence.
- The ending date of the production order routing line is calculated (run and setup time).
- The second and the first routing lines are calculated backward based on the starting date of the third routing line.
- The fourth, fifth and sixth routing lines are calculated forward based on the ending date of the third routing line.
Now the values of the routing lines are transferred to the production order/sequence planning lines:
- Starting Date - Starting date of the first routing line
- Start Date Sequence Planning - Starting date of the third routing line
- End Date Sequence Planning - Ending date of the third routing line
- Ending Date - Ending date of the last routing line
This also applies to the time fields (Starting Time, Starting Date-Time, Ending Date-Time, and Ending Time).
To use this functionality, turn on the Allow Fix. from Sales Order toggle on the Scheduling FastTab of the work center.
Submit feedback for.