Incorporation refers to the additional products that can be added to an existing recipe. The incorporation may already be restricted in the production structure, with a percentage to the complete recipe or by the entry of certain incorporation items that can be used.
To process an incorporation
Incorporation is set up on production structures and processed on production order components.
To set up an incorporation on a production structure
- Choose the icon, enter Production Structures, and then choose the related link.
- Create a new or open an existing Production Structure.
- On the General FastTab, enter the maximum incorporation of products with the percent restriction in the Max. Incorporation % field.
- On the Related menu, choose Production Structure > Incorporation Items to enter the items where a restriction can occur.
- Go back to the Production Structure.
When a production order is created, these specifications are transferred with the production components and calculated in the Incorporation Selection page.
To process an incorporation on the production order component
- Open the production order created manually or from the production structure.
- On the Lines FastTab, choose Line > Components.
- On the Actions menu, choose Functions > Incorporation to open the Incorporation Selection page.
This page displays each possible incorporation and related inventory information, such as remaining quantities, maximum incorporation percent, and already realized incorporation percentages.
To transfer an incorporation item to the recipe
- Fill in the Incorporation % field on the line.
- Choose the OK button.
If re-opened, the Incorporation Selection page displays the quantities of incorporated items that were already selected.
If the full percentage has been selected, a message opens stating that no further selection can occur.
Incorporation usage shows all production orders into which you can incorporate an item.
To assign an incorporation to a production order with the Incorporation Usage page
- Choose the icon, enter Items, and then choose the related link.
- Open the Item Card.
- On the Related menu, choose Bill of Materials > Production > Incorporation Usage.
This page displays the maximum incorporation percentage and quantity for each production order.
- In the Incorporation Usage page, enter a percentage up to the maximum value in the Incorporation % field or the maximum quantity in the Incorporation Quantity field.
Alternatively, choose the Automatic Allocation action to automatically distribute the available inventory amongst the available production orders. After using this function, manual changes can be done on the lines as needed.
- Choose the OK button to transfer the usage to the production order(s). The Qty. on Component Lines field on the Item Card is updated based on the Incorporation Quantity.
Production Order Status Filter
In the lines, set a filter on the Status field to to restrict the production order lines for the incorporation usage allocation.
After a status filter is set, the incorporation usage lines are updated accordingly.
Submit feedback for.