The Sample Shipment functionality provides the ability to ship samples to a customer before the finished item has been created in COSMO Process Manufacturing.
Development and laboratory structures are created without an item. In each of these production structures, samples of the product can be shipped to the customer with a sample shipping document without setting up an item.
A Sample Shipment is not a shipment for which an inventory change is posted; it will neither be opened from nor connected to any standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central shipment functions.
To ship samples for a production structure:
- Choose the icon, enter Production Structures, and then choose the related link.
- Open the relevant Production Structure.
- On the General FastTab, turn on the Sample Shipment toggle.
- On the Related menu, choose Production Structure > Sample Shipment.
- Enter additional shipping information, such as document date, shipment date, and contact data.
- Once all the necessary information has been entered, choose the Print action to generate the Sample - Shipment document.
Submit feedback for.