Purchasing restrictions (Restricted Purchase) can refer to items or purchasing products, which may or should only be purchased from certain vendors.
To set up purchase restrictions
- Choose the icon, enter Items, and then choose the related link.
- Locate and select the item to assign the purchase restriction.
- On the Related menu, choose Purchases > Vendors.
- In the Item Vendor Catalog page, enter the relevant vendor in the Vendor No. field.
- Select the Approved check box to restrict the purchase to this vendor.
- Go back to the Item Card.
- On the Replenishment FastTab, turn on the Use Only Approved Vendors toggle.
With this setting, the respective item can only be purchased from vendors that have been entered and approved in the Item Vendor Catalog.
Restricted purchase usage
If you create a purchase order for a vendor with assigned purchase restriction, you can enter the respective item in the purchase line.
If you enter the respective item number in the purchase line for a vendor who has not been assigned to the restricted purchase, an error message opens stating that the vendor is not approved for this item.
Submit feedback for.