Sales restrictions refer to items / finished products that are only to be sold to certain customers; for example, because of legal trade restrictions, a company is not allowed to deliver pharmaceuticals to the US market that are not accepted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Restricted sales are created from the Item Card or Customer Card. On both cards, the Restricted Sales Setup page can be accessed by choosing Sales > Restricted Sales on the Related menu.
In the Restricted Sales Setup page, enter the required sales restrictions.
Restricted Sales Setup
The fields in the Restricted Sales Setup page are described in the following table.
|Item No.||Indicates the item number to allocate a sales restriction.
If this page was opened from the Item Card, this field is already filled with the item number from the Item Card.
|Variant Code||Indicates the item variant to allocate a sales restriction.|
|Item Category Code||Indicates the item category to allocate a sales restriction.
NOTE: The insertion of the Item No. / Item Variant Code fields and Item Category Code excludes one another.
|Customer Filter||Indicates the customer number for the item to allocate a sales restriction, thus allowing the sale of this item to this customer.
If this page was opened from the customer card, this field is already filled with the customer number from the Customer Card.
You can also enter filter options. For example, it is permitted to sell a specific item to all customers except one.
|Customer Group Filter||Indicates the Customer Group Code for the item to allocate a sales restriction. This can, for example, be segmentation according to pharmacies, wholesalers, doctors, and so on. Filter options can be used here as well.|
|Country Filter||Indicates the country code for the sales restrictions. Filter options can be used here as well.|
|Expiration Date||Indicates the expiration date until the sales restriction should be valid.
NOTE: The crucial factor regarding the validity of restricted sales in the Expiration Date field is always the Shipment Date in the sales order.
|Combination||Determines if restrictions using the same filter can be combined. The options are OR and AND.|
Additionally, the Sales Restrictions Exist toggle on the Shipping FastTab on the Customer Card is automatically turned on when sales restrictions are assigned for a customer.
The following table shows various settings for restricting/allowing item sales in Germany and Great Britain.
|Item No.||Variant Code||Item Category Code||Customer Filter||Customer Group Filter||Country Filter||Expiration Date||Combination|
Based on this setup, the following are true:
- Items with category FINISHED can only be sold to customers in Germany (Country Code = DE).
- Items with category MISC can be sold to all Customers with Customer Group CHEMICALS that are not located in Great Britain (Country Code = GB).
- However, item P-50001 (which belongs to the FINISHED category) can be sold to customer 12000 (which is situated in GB).
- If only the first three lines were entered, it would only be possible to sell item P-50001 to customer 12000. The setup of an item-specific restriction has a higher weighting than the general setup of the item category-specific one (in line 1). For this reason, the general setup must be repeated for the specific item P-50001.
- Based on the setup in the fourth line, it is possible to sell item P-50001 to customer 12000 and to all customers in Germany.
Restricted sales usage
When you create a sales order for a customer that an item sales restriction has been allocated to, you can enter the item in the sales line.
If you enter the respective item number for a customer who the item has not been allocated to in the Restricted Sales Setup page, a warning massage opens and the sale cannot continue.
Submit feedback for.