To use item bottling orders in COSMO Process Manufacturing, the items must be configured as an item or variant storage unit.
To open the Item Bottling page
Depending on from where the Item Bottling page was opened, the current warehouse stock is displayed automatically or must be defined:
- If opened from the Item Card, by choosing Bill of Materials > Production > Item Bottling on the Related menu, nothing must be done.
- If opened from Tell Me, enter the item number and then choose the Find action.
In addition to the item number, other filters on the Options FastTab can be set to narrow the warehouse stock displayed.
To change the unit of measure (the trading unit) for specific inventories
- On the Options FastTab, enter the new unit of measure in the New Unit of Measure Code field.
- In the lines, enter a subset of the line for the bottling in the Qty. to Handle field; the Selected check box is automatically selected on the line(s).
To process the item bottling
After entering the changes, there are two options of proceeding:
- Post the bottling directly from this page.
- Create a production order for the bottling, which can be further processed.
Post bottling directly
To post the bottling directly from this page, choose the Post action.
When using this option, a production order is created and posted automatically. All analysis options remain available.
Create a production order
Only the production structure displayed in the Production Structure FastTab is used with this function.
To create a production order for the bottling, which can be further processed, choose the Carry Out Item Bottling action. The Carry Out Item Bottling page opens.
When the Carry Out Item Bottling page opens, the Type field defaults to Post and the Production Order field is inactive until the Type field is set to Create Prod. Order.
In the Type field, select the option to Create Prod. Order and then select the type of production order to create. Turn on the Show Document toggle to show the production order after choosing the OK button.
After creating a production order, the reserved quantities are displayed in the Item Bottling page.
Production orders generated from the Item Bottling page can also be viewed by selecting the relevant line, and then choosing Functions > Show Prod. Order on the Actions menu.
Additional item bottling processes
The following table describes a sequence of tasks, with links to the topics that describe them.
|Change the QC Status for Bottling Orders.||QC Status Change for Bottling Orders|
|Access item bottling from the sales order line.||Item Bottling from Sales Order Line|
|Learn the purpose of Method of Production Order = Bottling in the Process Manufacturing Setup page.||Method of Production Order – Bottling|
|Bottle items in different units of measure.||Bottling Production Structure|
Submit feedback for.