Basic Cost and Earnings Planning
Pricing in COSMO Project Manufacturing uses standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central functionality. However, because of the enhanced functionality brought to the application by COSMO Project Manufacturing, several factors must be considered when setting up pricing. These are discussed in this section.
Pricing for jobs is set up on the Job Budget Calculation page. All functions relevant to pricing are accessed from this page.
|Prices for…||Consider these factors…|
|Services||- Prices can be derived from the service resource; these prices can be amended.
- Prices are defaulted to the Job lines based on the Work Type. These prices can be amended.
- If prices for the service are in a unit of measure different from the unit of measure on the Job line, the price will be converted with respect to the Job line unit of measure.
- Quantity-dependent prices cannot be used.
- Currency Code is supported on the sales side.
- Unit prices can be set up by job.
|Items||- Standard prices are taken from the Item Card.
- Calculated direct unit cost (Job Calc. Direct Cost) is taken from the Item Card.
- Direct unit costs from vendors include Currency, Unit Cost, and Quantity.
- Unit prices for customers and customer groups include Currency, Unit Cost, and Quantity.
- Prices from vendors can be selected by date.
- Prices and Line Discounts can be job specific.
- Sales Line Discounts include Currency, Unit Cost and Quantity.
- Unit Prices and Sales Line Discounts can be selected by date.
|Other Job Line Types||- Traveling: prices are derived from the Job Traveling Expenses page (select Travel Code).
- General: prices are derived from the General Component Card.
- Machine Centers and Work Centers: only standard costs are considered.
Results of Pricing
As a result of pricing, the Direct Unit Cost and Unit Price fields are processed in the Job Budget Calculation page.
The Unit Cost will calculate on the line and does not come from pricing.
Other Pricing Considerations
Along with pricing, Job Charges are considered in the Job Budget Calculation page as follows:
- Indirect Cost % will be used to calculate the Unit Cost.
- Extra Charge % will be used if Unit Price Base is Cost. If Unit Price Base is Price, this field is calculated.
In addition to these listed costs and prices, purchase and sales discounts can be set up to reduce the Unit Cost so that Unit Price and Unit Cost calculation is evaluated similarly.
Automatically triggered pricing can be by-passed using the Manual Pricing field options in the Job Budget Calculation page lines. The options are:
- Direct Unit Cost – Direct Unit Cost can be manually entered but the Direct Unit Price is handled automatically.
- Unit Price – Direct Unit Price can be manually entered but the Direct Unit Cost is handled automatically.
- Both – Automatic pricing is disabled for both cost and price.
The Manual Pricing field can be preset on each component.
Submit feedback for.