Special Positions for Sales Documents
Special WBS positions are used to provide an alternative or optional line item for a customer on the sales quote.
The Special Position field offers the following choices for Sales Quotes:
- Optional – Additional WBS positions that are not required.
- Alternative – Provides a different option for another line item.
To ensure that these special WBS positions are not included in the calculation – since they only provide information about quantity and price – the Special Quantity and Special Alternative to WBS fields are used in conjunction with the Special Position:
- When the Special Position field is set to Optional, the value in the Quantity field is removed and reset in the Special Quantity field.
- When the Special Position field is set to Alternative, a page opens to select the WBS line to associate with the current line.
A sales quote cannot be converted to a sales order if the Special Position = Optional or Alternative.
The Special Position field contains two other options that are typically used with Sales Orders and for informational purposes only:
- Supplement – for labeling as supplement
- Modification – for labeling as modification
Submit feedback for.