Record Pool Filters
The Record Pool Filter can be used to limit the records to be stored. This allows for the creation of entries only for relevant records. A record must fulfill all activated filter conditions. The filter conditions are linked with a logical and.
To create a record pool filter
- Choose Record Pool Filters on the Record Pool Card page to open the Record Pool Filters page.
- On the Record Pool Filters page, fill in the fields as necessary. Hover over a field to read a short description.
Options to filter record pools
The Value Class field describes the method or the origin of the filter value. The options are:
- Constant – Value of the record must be equal to the filter value. Comparable with SETRANGE.
- Filter – Filter value is used as the filter set on field. All common Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central filters for values can be used, like
... Comparable with SETFILTER.
- Partner – Value of record must be equal to the value of the Partner, which is set to Value Field. Comparable with SETRANGE.
The Repository and Formula options are not permitted for the Value Class field on the Record Pool Filters page and will create a runtime error.
Filters are defined globally for a Record Pool. The Value Class = Partner provides the ability to create Partner-specific filters for Record Pools. For example, a Partner can be defined with a value for Vendor No. so that only Sales Orders with a corresponding Vendor No. are recorded. The Value Class = Partner offers a range of customer-specific values, without table relation, which can be used as filters.
Submit feedback for.