The CAD Connector has two setup pages: CAD Connector Setup and CAD Category Mappings.
CAD Connector Setup
The CAD Connector Setup ensures that the data in the ERP system is always up-to-date. In addition to creating drawings, items and parts lists, the tool also harmonizes the processes of CAD and ERP systems.
To set up general CAD Connector information
- Choose the icon, enter CAD Connector Setup, and then choose the related link.
- On the CAD Connector Setup page, fill in or update the fields as necessary. Hover over a field to read a short description.
The actions on the CAD Connector Setup page are described in the following table.
|Information||About||View the current product version information and copyright information.|
|Web Service||Publish Web Services||Publish data as a web service. The Published field on the Web Services page is set to Yes.
NOTE: It is essential to run this function so that the CAD Connector can communicate with this client.
|Remove Web Services||Remove the data records that were previously created with the Publish Web Services action.
NOTE: Run this action before uninstalling the app, or if you no longer want to communicate with CAD Connector.
|Related||Web Services||Opens the Web Services window. So you can see all available web services.|
CAD Category Mappings
The CAD Category Mappings determine which item template is to be used for new items based on the CAD category sent. If no item template is found here, then it is determined via the Default Item Template Code field in the CAD Connector Setup page.
In CAD Connector Setup page, turn on the Activate Appl. Area toggle to gain access to the CAD Category Mappings page.
To set up CAD Category Mappings
- Choose the icon, enter CAD Category Mappings, and then choose the related link.
- Choose the New action.
- In the CAD Item Category Code field, enter a unique code for the CAD item category.
- In the Item Template Code field, enter the template to be used for new items.
- Go to the next line and add another CAD Category Mapping.
Submit feedback for.