Change Management Setup
To be able to use Change Notices and Change Orders, the Eng. Change Reasons and the Eng. Task Templates must be set up.
Engineering Change Reasons
Change reasons are necessary for use in change notices and change orders. They are used later to simplify the evaluation of changes.
To set up engineering change reasons
- Choose the icon, enter Eng. Change Reasons, and then choose the related link.
- On the Eng. Change Reasons page, enter a unique code and description for the engineering change reason.
- Go to the next line and add another engineering change reason.
Engineering Task Templates
The Engineering task templates serve to quickly define predefined tasks for the individual areas such as design, purchasing, sales, etc. at a later date. They are subdivided into a list and a card for each data record.
To set up engineering task templates
- Choose the icon, enter Eng. Task Templates, and then choose the related link.
The Eng. Task Templates displays all Engineering Task Templates.
- On the Eng. Task Templates page, choose the New action to create a new template or Manage > Edit to open an existing template.
- In the General FastTab of the Eng. Task Template page, enter a unique code and description for the Eng. Task Template.
- The Work Center Group Code field is defaulted from the work center groups from the manufacturing and the Work Center Group Name displays the work center group name associated with the work center group code.
- In the Task Description field, enter a detailed description of the tasks to be performed.
- In the Due Date Formula field, enter a time specification that defines the calculation of the due date of a task. 1D means Creation date + 1 day = Due date of task.
Submit feedback for.