The storage of document files in Test Plans, Test Orders, Test Incidents, and Sample Occurrences can be handled in the Document Files table or per record, as determined in the Document Storage Point field in the Quality Assurance Setup page. The fields and actions on the pages are determined by this setting as well.
When copying records, it is possible to copy attached documents from:
- Sample Occurrences to Test Incidents
- Test Plans to Test Orders
To add or change a document, the status of the Sample Occurrence and Test Plan cannot be Certified or Closed. For the Test Order and Test Order/Value Recording Card, the status cannot be Testing Finished, Finished, or Cancelled.
Document Storage Point = Document File
If using the Document File option, all document files used on the noted COSMO Quality Assurance pages must be stored in the Document File table. Files can be added directly in the Document File table and then accessed from the records or uploaded from the records to the Document File table.
Records in the Document Files table use the number series set in the Document File Nos. field in the Numbering FastTab of the Quality Assurance Setup page.
To import a document to the Document File
Choose the icon, enter Document Files, and then choose the related link.
Choose the New action to create the record.
Choose the Import Document action to open the standard Import page for file selection.
Locate the file for upload and then choose the Open button.
The file to be uploaded is compared to the ones already stored in the table to avoid duplicates. If a file seems to be equal to an existing file, a message opens stating that the user must confirm or cancel the upload.
Choose the Show Content action to view the documents.
To assign an existing document file to a record
- Choose the Add Document File action on the Process menu.
- In the Related Document Files page, choose the drop-down arrow in the Document File No. field to open the available documents, and then select the document to attach to the record.
To add a new document to the Document File
- Choose the New action (or go to an empty line).
- In the empty line, choose the drop-down arrow in the Document File No. field and then choose New at the bottom of the list page.
- In the Document Files page, choose the New action and then choose the Import Document action.
- Locate the file for upload and then choose the Open button.
- Choose the new document file and then choose the OK button. The new file is added to the Related Document Files page for the record.
Document Files FactBox
The Document Files FactBox is available on each record to indicate if documents have been attached. New documents can be added and existing documents can be viewed from this FactBox.
Document Storage Point = Per Record
If using the Per Record option, the documents are stored in the individual record files. The External Document Name field on the General FastTab of each card serves two purposes:
- uploads the files to the record
- indicates the name of the uploaded file
To upload a file using the standard Import page, choose the ellipsis button in the External Document Name field. Alternatively, documents can be uploaded by choosing the Upload External Document action on the Process menu (or actions bar) as well.
The documents can be viewed by choosing the Show External Document action on the Process menu or action bar.
Documents can be deleted from the records by clearing the External Document Name field.
Submit feedback for.