Allocate Calculations to Concurrent Calculations
Concurrent calculations can be used to compare different calculations for sales document, production order and assembly order lines, all of which are created in an order tracking chain.
The concurrent calculation page is accessed using Tell Me. Choose the icon, enter Concurrent Calculations, and then choose the related link. From the Concurrent Calculations page, open an existing calculation or create a calculation by choosing the New action.
The lines for a concurrent calculation – Item, Quote, Blanket Order, Order, Prod. Order (Expected), Prod. Order (Actual), Asm. Order (Expected), and Asm. Order (Actual) – are inserted automatically after creating a new concurrent calculation.
The Calculation Schedule No. field must be populated in the concurrent calculation. This calculation schedule is used as the base calculation schedule for all calculations within one concurrent calculation, otherwise the calculations are incomparable.
For information about the Item (Line Type) update and the Item Filter field, see Item Defaults for Concurrent Calculations.
The four ways to use a calculation for a concurrent calculation are described below.
Select Calculation from a Concurrent Calculation Line
Calculations can be selected directly from a concurrent calculation line.
- Open the Concurrent Calculation page.
- In the Calculation No. field on the relevant line, select the appropriate calculation for that document type.
Once selected, the calculation information populates the fields on the line in the Concurrent Calculation page.
Enter the Concurrent Calculation Number on the Calculation Card
A concurrent calculation can be assigned to a Calculation Card.
- Open the Calculation Card.
- On the Document FastTab, enter the number in the Concurrent Calculation Code field.
Once selected, the concurrent calculation is assigned to the calculation.
- If a calculation has already been assigned to the concurrent calculation for the selected line type, a message opens with the assigned calculation. Choose the Yes button to change to the selected concurrent calculation or the No button to dismiss the changes.
Create a Concurrent Calculation from an Existing Calculation
A new concurrent calculation can be created from an existing calculation if the Concurrent Calculation No. field is blank on the Document FastTab of the Calculation Card.
- Open the Calculation Card.
- Choose the Concurrent Calculation action to create the new concurrent calculation.
- A message opens, choose the Yes button to create the concurrent calculation or the No button to stop the creation process.
The Concurrent Calculation page opens when the new concurrent calculation is created.
Automatically Create a Concurrent Calculation with a New Calculation
Calculation Schedules can be set up to have a concurrent calculation created automatically when a new calculation is created. The Create Concurrent Calculation field on the General FastTab of the Calculation Schedule page has three options that determine if a concurrent calculation is created for the specific calculation schedule:
- Never – concurrent calculations are not created automatically; one of the previously listed procedures must be followed to create the concurrent calculation
- Question – you are prompted to create the concurrent calculation
- Always – concurrent calculations are created automatically without user interaction
Create Concurrent Calculation = Question
When the Create Concurrent Calculation field is set to Question, you will receive a message when you select the calculation schedule (or choose the Enter key if a standard template is used) when creating a new calculation.
Choose the Yes button to create the concurrent calculation or the No button to stop the creation process.
The Description field on the automatic concurrent calculation is populated from the header of the first calculation used in the concurrent calculation.
Create Concurrent Calculation = Always
When the Create Concurrent Calculation field is set to Always, the concurrent calculation and link to the calculation are created automatically when the calculation schedule is selected on the new calculation.
Choose the Concurrent Calculation action to open the Concurrent Calculation for the calculation.
Submit feedback for.