After the setup of calculation groups is complete, the Calculation Schedules need to be defined.
A default calculation schedule can be assigned for all items in the Standard Calc. Schedule No. field on the Calculation Setup page and then modified as needed on the Prices & Sales FastTab of the individual Item Cards.
To create a calculation schedule
- Choose the icon, enter Calculation Schedules, and then choose the related link.
- Choose the New action and then press Enter to insert a number from the number series.
- In the Description field, enter a short description for the calculation schedule.
- The Price Source for Items and Price Source for Capacities are defaulted from the Calculation Setup but can be changed as needed (see Calculation Setup).
- In the Starting Date field, enter the date when the calculation schedule will be valid.
- In the Create Concurrent Calculation field, choose when a concurrent calculation should be created (see Automatically Create a Concurrent Calculation with a New Calculation).
To enter lines in the calculation schedule
- In the Lines FastTab, enter a number in the Row No. field (see Row Number).
- In the Description field, enter a short description of the calculation line.
- In the Totaling Type field, choose what the calculation line is based on (see Totaling Type).
- In the Totaling field, enter the values relating to the selection in the Totaling Type field. For example, the row numbers to be totaled if the Totaling Type = Sum (see Totaling).
- In the Reference to Row No. field, enter the row number that applies to the charge calculation. Used only on lines with a Totaling Type of Charge.
- Select the Charge Editable check box if the value for the price charges in the Charge Type and Charge Rate fields in the Calculation Card can be overwritten (see Charge Editable).
- Select the Calculate Foreign Currency check box if values are calculated in foreign currency, as seen in the Value (LCY) and Value fields. This is useful in lines with prices. For more information, see Calculate Foreign Currency.
- In the Value Transfer Option field, choose where the calculation value can be transferred to the item when the Transfer Value function is run (see Transfer Value).
- Use the Personalize function to show the Bold and Calculation View Authorization fields.
- Select the Bold check box to bold the Description field on the line.
- In the Calculation View Authorization field, select a level for which certain calculation lines can be viewed by certain users (see Calculation Views per User).
- Go to the next line and repeat steps 1-11.
To create visual hierarchy in lines
You can create a visual hierarchy in the lines by indenting the descriptions in the Description field.
- Select the line to indent below the line above.
- On the Lines FastTab, choose Functions > Increase Indentation.
You can increase this indentation more than once.
Indented lines can also be decreased by selecting the line and then choosing Functions > Decrease Indentation.
To finish the calculation schedule
Once all lines are added to the calculation schedule, change the Status field to Certified.
Additional information about fields in Lines FastTab
Additional information about fields in the Lines FastTab are described in the following sections.
The value in the Row No. field is used to identify a corresponding calculation line in the Reference to Row No. field.
With the SQL Server, it is useful to create row numbers with leading zeros (0100, 0200, and so on) to prevent sequencing from changing when numbers greater than 999 are used.
The available options in the Totaling Type field are:
<Blank> – used on lines that have no calculation value.
Charge – used on lines that calculate an increase or decrease of another calculation line.
Sum – used on lines that total other calculation lines. Standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central filters can be used, such as range (1000..2000), either/or (1000|2000), or any of the following: * ? > < = @.
Arithm. Formula – used on lines that total other calculation lines with a mathematical formula. To use the values from other calculation lines, the Row No. must begin with an R. For example:
- To use the value of the line with Row No. 010 multiplied by 2, enter R010 * 2.
- To calculate the material costs in Row No. 010, with an additional 10% for material, plus the resource costs in row 020, enter R010 * 10/100 + R020.
With this option, the Formula Editor can be opened from the Totaling field.
Item Calc. Group – used on calculation lines that gather totals from item calculation groups.
Capacity Calc. Group – used on calculation lines that gather totals from capacity calculation groups.
When the Totaling Type field is set to Arithm. Formula, then the Totaling field can open the Formula Editor that displays which functions can be used and if the formula is correct.
Line calculations are updated as changes are made to the Charge Type and Charge Rate fields.
The function of this field is used only on lines with a Totaling Type of Charge and can only be performed on Calculation Cards with the Status set to New or Under Development.
Calculate Foreign Currency
The Value (LCY) and Value fields are visible only for foreign currency.
To use this feature, a currency code must be assigned to the calculation in the Foreign Trade FastTab or from the sales line.
Update Sum Calculation
The Update Sum Calculation function shows which calculation lines are included in Charge, Sum, and Arithm. Formula totaling lines by changing the text color of the Row No. and Description fields to bold blue on all lines within the calculation. To run this function, select a totaling line and then on the Lines FastTab, choose Functions > Update Sum Calculation, or choose F5.
This is helpful when setting up Calculation Schedules to confirm totaling.
The Update Sum Calculation function is also available on the Calculation Card page.
Submit feedback for.