Components Planning Pool
The Components Planning Pool functionality is comparable to the Planning Pool. In contrast to the Planning Pool – which displays all Production Orders based on work centers and machine capacity – the Components Planning Pool is based on materials.
The Components Planning Pool page displays the availability of the components used in the BOM or Recipes of the corresponding production order. In the General section, various fields (Date Filter, Item Filter or Production Order Filters) are available to filter the component lines. In the Data Control section, set conditions for the production order components (see Data Controls).
This page can be opened in many ways:
- From Tell Me by entering Components Planning Pool and then choosing the related link.
- From the action on the Process menu in the Planning Pool page.
- From the Lines FastTab (Line > Components Planning Pool) on the Sequence Planning page.
- From the Lines FastTab (Line > Components Planning Pool) on all Production Order (Simulated, Planned, Firm Planned, and Released) pages.
- From the Components Available field on the lines of the Planning Pool, Sequence Planning, and all Production Order (Simulated, Planned, Firm Planned, and Released) pages (see Component Availability). The field is not shown by default.
The actions in the Actions menu are used to view/make reservations (Reserve) or track the order (Order Tracking). These functions conform to the standard functionalities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
The actions in the Line menu on the Related menu provide detailed information for the item in the component lines, such as dimensions, bin contents, where-used, item substitutions, and the availability of items by date, location or variant. These standard functionalities are also available in the Prod. Order Components page; refer to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Help for more information.
Select Item Substitution
This function uses the standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central item substitution functionality to substitute a component with a valid substitution set up on the item or production structure line.
In the lines of the Planning Pool, Sequence Planning, and Production Order pages, the Components Available field assists with component planning.
- Yes indicates that the availability is assured or there is no component requirement on the line. If the production orders of a work center use the same raw materials, users can see at what point of time they run out of raw materials.
- No indicates that availability is not assured. Missing raw materials can be located using the Components Planning Pool.
To open the Components Planning Pool page for the selected production order line, choose the Components Available field on the line, or choose the Components Planning Pool action on the Process menu or on the Line menu on the Lines FastTab.
Submit feedback for.