Job Calc. Schedule Template
A default Job Calculation Schedule Template can be generated by running the Setup Wizard (see Setup with Job Setup Checklist).
To create a job calculation schedule template
- Choose the icon, enter Job Calc. Schedule Template, and then choose the related link.
- Choose the New action.
- In the Job No. field, enter a unique identifer for the calculation schedule template.
- In the Description and Description 2 fields, enter short and additional descriptions of the calculation schedule template.
- In the Calculation Status field, choose how the calculation of the corresponding fields in the column are calculated. The status is changed automatically when a Sales Quote or Sales Order is generated:
- Quote Calculation – initial status
- Order Calculation – changed from Quote Calculation when Sales Quote is created
- Procurement+Actual – changed from Order Calculation when Sales Order is created
- In the Pass Amount Type field, choose which sum will be transferred as the Calculation Value if the Transfer Calculated Value function is run. The options are Total Direct Cost, Total Cost, and Total Price.
The Status FastTab shows who and when the job calculation schedule template was created and modified.
To create job calculation schedule template lines
- In the Lines FastTab, enter a unique code field in the Row No. field, which is used to identify a corresponding calculation line in the Link Row No. field.
With the SQL Server, it is useful to create row numbers with leading letters (R010, R020, and so on) or zeros (0100, 0200, and so on) to prevent sequencing from changing when numbers greater than 999 are used.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the calculation.
- In the Special Format field, choose to bold, italicize, or change color of the text in the Description field.
- In the Link Row No. field, enter the row number that applies to the extra charge calculation.
Used only on lines with a Totaling Type of Extra Charge and Rounding.
- In the Totaling Type field, specify what the calculation line is based on. The options are:
- Calculation Group – used on calculation lines that gather totals from job calculation groups.
- Extra Charge – used on lines that calculate an increase or decrease of another calculation line.
- Formula – used on lines that total other calculation lines. Standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central filters can be used, such as range (R100..R199), either/or (1000|2000), or any of the following: * ? > < = @.
- Value – used to enter a value manually.
- Rounding – used to round an amount.
- In the Totaling field, enter the values relating to the selection in the Totaling Type field: Calculation Group (for example, MAT), an Extra Charge (for example, MAT%), a Formula (for example, R100..R199), a Value (for example, leave empty to enter later), a Rounding (for example 100,<).
- In the Amount Type field, enter the source amount for the calculation. The options are Total Direct Cost, Total Cost, and Total Price.
- Select the Include Remaining check box to include remaining amounts (hidden buffers) in the calculation.
More calculation schedule templates can be created manually by choosing the New action in the Job Calc. Schedule Template list page.
To indent rows in the lines
Rows in the Lines FastTab can be indented below other rows to create a hierarchy, which is visible in the Description field.
To indent or outdent a row, select the row and then on the Functions menu, choose the To the left action to indent the row or the To the right action to outdent the row.
Submit feedback for.