Text in Purchases
Text from COSMO Text Module is available in the purchase line checklist and can be set up as the BOM of components that transfer from the Master BOM, Document BOM, Construction Order, Service BOM, and Prod. Order Component to the purchase order.
Text from checklists
Text added to checklist template lines is accessible from the document checklist for a purchase line by choosing Line > Line Texts on the Lines FastTab or by choosing the Yes value in the Line Text exists field on the line.
To add text to purchase document checklist
New text can be added in the Edit Text page opened as explained above.
- To use the Rich Text Editor, choose the Rich Text Editor or Rich Text Editor (Line Conversion) action (see Text Module Line).
- To add text without using the Rich Text Editor:
- In the Text field, enter the relevant text.
- Select the Italic, Bold, or Underline check box to add formatting.
- In the Color field, select the color of the text.
- Fill in the Print Mgt. Code as needed.
- Fill in additional lines as needed.
- Choose the Close button.
Copy BOM to Text in purchase orders
The BOM of components that are simultaneously purchased and designed internally can be entered as text and transferred to the Purchase Order, which provides the vendor with the BOM structure.
The Copy BOM to Text field is available on the lines of the Master BOM, Document BOM, Construction Order, Service BOM, and Prod. Order Component (and archived documents). This field has the following options:
Production BOM – The current production BOM of the item will be copied to the purchase line text. This option is not dependent on the document type that created the demand (Document BOM, Construction Order Line, or Production Order Component).
Doc./Constr. BOM – The BOM from the Document BOM / Construction Order will be copied to the purchase line text. The Document BOM / Construction Order Lines will be copied based on the following criteria:
- If a Document BOM / Construction Order line created the demand and the component has a Sub BOM.
- If a Production Order has been created from a Document BOM / Construction Order line and the Prod. Order Component created the demand.
Create purchase documents for G/L accounts and components
Instead of using a dummy item number when an item does not exist when demand is created, a purchase quote (for open Document BOM lines), purchase order or requisition line can be created against a G/L account or a component. This functionality is available from a Construction Order line or Document BOM but is typically used from the Construction Orders for handling the purchasing of long lead time items.
Line Text that is linked to the Document BOM/Construction Order line is also copied to the purchase order line when the Purch. G/L Acc./Item action is run.
For more information, see Create Purchase Documents for G/L Accounts and Components.
Submit feedback for.