Mapping Configuration Wizard
The Mapping Configuration Wizard assists with the creation of Mapping Lines for the exchange of XML structures.
To open the mapping config. wizard
- Choose Mapping Config. Wizard on the Actions menu of the Mapping Version Card to access the Mapping Config. Wizard page.
- Choose Next for each Line in the Wizard to create two Repositories and at least two Mapping Lines. Each is indented and linked automatically according to the setup.
- Choose Finish to close the wizard.
The Repository Code is generated automatically and incremented if a different Repository with the same code already exists. New Mapping Lines are appended always to the end of the Mapping and are set to indentation 0 (or 1 for the To-Repository).
Options for specific fields
- Table to XML – Creates one Mapping Line for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and one indented Mapping Line for XML. Therefore, the Primary Key of the Table is defined as a Filter for the XML line. The Transfer-Fields Repository Code is set to Table.
- XML to Table – Creates one Mapping Line for XML and one indented Mapping Line for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Therefore, the Primary Key of the Table is defined as a Filter for the XML line. The Transfer-Fields Repository Code is set to XML.
Table Source Type
- Table – A Table is used for the Repository Type.
- Record Pool – A new Record Pool, based on Table No., is created. This is needed for generating Mapping Lines through the wizard.
This field is only editable for Transmission Type = Table to XML.
Record Pool Log Type
- The Insert + Modify option is the default and is used with Table Source Type = Table.
- The Insert + Modify + Delete + Rename option is handled differently based on the Transmission Type:
- Transmission Type = Table to XML and Table Source Type = Record Pool – The mapping will obtain a new line to export the deleted and renamed records. Therefore, the xml node is extended by the TypeOfChange field for insert/modify and delete/rename mapping lines, containing the type of change. The delete/rename line will obtain an additional field value New<Key> for all primary key fields inside the xml to handle rename as well.
- Transmission Type = XML to Table – Two additional mapping lines will be created: one with the Delete action and one with the Rename action. For all lines, mapping criteria are created according to the exported TypeOfChange field. The rename line handles the New<Key> fields to rename the record correctly.
Submit feedback for.