Create 8D Report
The 8D Report can be generated from the Sales Return Order or opened using Tell Me.
To create the 8D report from Sales Return Order
- To generate the report from the Sales Return Order page, fill in the return order and then on the Lines FastTab, choose Functions > Create 8D Report.
If the Get Posted Document Lines to Reverse function was used to populate the lines, ensure that the item line is selected before running the Create 8D Report function.
- Choose the Yes button to create the 8D report and then accept the creation confirmation message.
- On the Lines FastTab, choose Line > 8D Reports to open the generated 8D Report.
- In the 8D Reports page, choose the Edit action. The 8D Report Card opens with the following information:
- Status = Created
- Customer No. and Quantity transferred from the Sales Return Order
- Texts transferred from the default template assigned in the Quality Assurance Setup page (if used)
- On the Process menu, choose the Show Item Tracking action to view the selected Lot-/Serial No. information.
To add 8D team members
Before any steps can be used in the 8D report, at least one Team Member must be added in the 8D Team Member FactBox.
- In the 8D Team Member FactBox, choose the drop-down arrow and then choose Open. The 8D Team Members page opens.
- In the Team Member Code field, the following can be entered:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central User; populates the Team Member Name with the user name
- Code or Number and a name for external responsibility
- In the Function / Responsibility field, enter a description of the user's function on the team.
- Select the Lead check box for the team leader. The Team Member Name of this user will be shown in bold in the 8D Team Member FactBox. Only one user can be selected as team lead.
- Choose the Close button to go back to the 8D Report Card page.
To assign team members and dates to steps
- On the Process menu, choose the Release action to change the Status to Analysis, which allows team members to be assigned to the steps.
- After assigning the team members, enter a date in the Implementation Date field to indicate when the step should be started.
- For step D4, the error can be marked as a Repetitive Defect if this is a recurring issue.
- Update the information in the steps as needed.
Choosing the Finish or Reject actions will close the 8D Report, which means it is only visible by entering 8D Reports - Closed in Tell Me and then choosing the related link. For more information, see Closed 8D Reports.
Submit feedback for.