Integration to COSMO Project Manufacturing
With the COSMO Text Module integration to COSMO Project Manufacturing, header and/or footer text can be added to a job, which will then transfer to the header or footer text of the following documents if linked by the job number:
- Purchase Quote / Order / Invoice / Credit Memo
- Sales Quote / Order / Invoice / Credit Memo
- Job Shipment
Whether this text is displayed on the printed documents or not depends on the report settings defined in the Print Management Setup for COSMO Text Module.
You can use the Rich Text Editor if it has been enabled in the Text Module Setup Card (see Rich Text Editor).
This section describes the functionality that is specific to using COSMO Text Module in COSMO Project Manufacturing and does not include standard COSMO Text Module field descriptions, and so on. For detailed setup, configuration and usage information, see the COSMO Text Module Help.
In standard COSMO Text Module, many reports (documents) and tables are set up by running a default function (such as purchase and sales documents). To use COSMO Text Module with non-standard documents, such as the Job Shipment, the related reports and tables must be added to the Text Module Objects Setup page, which can be accessed using the Tell Me feature.
For more information, see Text Module Objects Setup.
Assign text to job
Header and footer text are assigned to a job by choosing Job > Text Module Header or Text Module Footer on the Related menu of the Job Card.
- In the Text Module List page, choose the New action to create text or Manage > Edit to open existing text in the Text Module Card page.
- In the General FastTab, enter the language and any date restrictions.
- To use the Rich Text Editor, choose Manage > Rich Text Editor or Rich Text Editor (Line Conversion) on the Lines FastTab (see Text Module Line).
- To add text without using the Rich Text Editor, enter the actual text, along with any formatting to transfer to the printed document.
- If text is to be printed, enter the relevant code in the Print Mgt. Code field.
- Close the Text Module Card page or choose the icon to add more text.
- Go back to the Text Module List page and then choose the Close button.
Process and print documents with text
When a document is generated during job processing/planning/release, the text is transferred to the corresponding Header Text and Footer Text. For example, if a Job Shipment is planned and released and a document is created, the header and footer text assigned to the job are accessible by choosing Navigate > Shipment on the Job Shipment page.
When the document is printed, any text that has a Print Mgt. Code that includes the report will be printed in the header, footer, or both.
In either Edit Text page, existing text can be modified or new text can be added. For example, the Header Text on the Job Shipment can be changed to be external and a Print Mgt. Code is assigned.
When the Job Shipment report is printed now, the Header Text will also be displayed.
Additionally, any standard text that has been set up within the company can be assigned to the Edit Text pages by choosing Get Standard Text > Paste Above or Paste Below on the Actions menu. For more information about standard text, see Standard Texts.
Submit feedback for.