Mapping Variables are used to buffer information. They can contain several data types and are valid throughout the entire Mapping process. Some specific Variables can be read, but not be written.
To open the mapping variables
- Choose Variables in the Lines FastTab of the Mapping Version Card to access the Variables page.
- On the Variables page, fill in the fields as necessary. Hover over a field to read a short description.
Variables are displayed in square brackets, like [MyVariable]. This makes it possible for the value of a variable to be accessed in the Mapping Configuration (see Value Classes and Field Values). It is also possible to use the GetVariable() and SetVariable() functions of Codeunit 5100926, DIS - Mapping Register Mgt. to read or write own values within the source code.
For Value Classes Constant, Filter and Formula a lookup can be used to open a list with all available Variables. All (System-) Variables, which can be read only, are marked as (Read-only).
Related fields in further detail
Options for value classes
The following describes the Value Classes options in more detail:
- Constant – A fixed value. The use of Mapping Variables is possible.
- Repository – A value of a Repository. The use of Mapping Variables is not possible.
- Formula – A calculated formula. The use of Mapping Variables is possible.
- Partner – A field value of a Partner. Only relevant if the Mapping is processed by a Partner Mapping.
For more information, see Value Classes and Field Values.
Indicates a Format Property that should be used for the value. This field is not shown by default.
When Variables are used at any point by Value Classes, the Format Properties are processed too. If a Format Property used a formula within Variables, then all Variables are formatted before the formula is calculated. Afterwards, the result is formatted again.
Submit feedback for.