Set up Partner Mappings
A Partner Mapping links the execution of a Mapping to a Partner. This is important for transferring the result of a Mapping to a Partner, as well as filtering records within a Mapping (for example, Record Pool Entries) to a Partner. In addition, it defines with which Mapping a received message is performed, for example, import of records.
To create a partner mapping card
- Choose the icon, enter Data Integration Framework Partner Mappings, and then choose the related link.
- Choose the New action.
- On the Partner Mapping Card page, fill in the fields as necessary. Hover over a field to read a short description.
To process messages
Two actions on the Partner Mapping Card are used to process, send, and receive messages between Partners. The steps for each action are described in the following sections.
Process and Send Message
Running this action is equal to an Export Mapping. The general steps are as follows:
- Create Sent Message Entry.
- Process Partner Mapping.
- Process Sent Message.
- Write Sent Message.
- Abort if any Sent Message contains an error.
- Delete Sent Messages with Status = Delete.
- Send all Sent Messages for Partner Mapping with Status = Written.
Use the Process and Send Message action to process the current certified Mapping (Mapping Code) for the Partner (Partner Code). All messages are then sent to the Partner. For each execution of a Mapping (Mapping Entries), one received message is created. Only messages created by the execution are sent to the Partner.
Existing messages, in case of a sending error, are not mailed. These messages must be handled manually on the Sent Messages page, where the messages are rewritten and sent again. For more information, see Sent Messages.
Receive and Process
Running this action is equal to an Import Mapping. The general steps are as follows:
- Import Files.
- Create Received Message Entry.
- Import file into Received Message Entry.
- (Sender and Mapping are not set yet)
- Read all Received Messages with Status = Imported.
- Abort if any Received Message for Partner Mapping contains errors (keep order).
- Process all Received Messages with Status = Read for Partner Mapping.
First all messages of the Partner are imported to the Received Messages table. Afterwards, all received messages are read and then – according to their Sender Code and Mapping Code – the executed Mapping is determined. Finally, all received messages with Setup Sender Code = Partner Code and Mapping Code to be performed = Mapping Code are processed in sequence and in ascending order by their serial number. For more information, see Received Messages.
Submit feedback for.