Document Layout Fields
Document Layout Fields are the fields that get printed for each section. Here the position along with the content and format of the fields are specified.
The fields on the Document Layout Fields page are described in the following table.
|Line||Indicates on what line the field should be printed on in the section.|
|Indentation (pt)||Indicates the indentation of the field (for example, the horizontal position); specified in pt.|
|Group Code||Identifies a grouping of fields that should be moved together. When changing the Line or Indentation (pt) of a grouped field, the system will also automatically update all the other fields with the same Group Code within the layout. Using this field is optional.
The Group Code functionality is per Document Layout, meaning that fields in different sections can be grouped. For example, this allows for grouping the fields in the header of the lines with the fields on the lines, so that when a field on a line is moved right or left the corresponding header is also moved.
|Field Width (pt)||Indicates the length of the field. Mandatory for fields that are right or center aligned and for fields where line breaks are allowed; specified in pt.|
|Alignment||Indicates the position of the content of the field. The options are:
- Left – The field is printed left aligned.
- Center – The content of the field is centered. This option requires a value in the Field Width (pt) field.
- Right – The content of the field is right aligned. This option requires a value in the Field Width (pt) field.
|Description||Short description of the field. This field is optional but makes it easier to identify the purpose of each line.|
|Type||Defines how the system should assign the value to the field. The options are:
- Value – The field is based on a value from a field in a table. The table and field are specified in the Table No. and Field No. fields.
- Caption – The field is based on a caption from a field in a table. The table and field are specified in the Table No. and Field No. fields.
- Text – The field gets its value from what is entered in the Text field.
- Document Text – The field gets it value from a predefined Document Text specified in the Document Text Code field.
- System – The value is a system value. The value is specified in the System Value field.
|Table No.||Indicates the table that is used to get the value for the field. This field is only used if the Type = Value or Caption.|
|Table Name||Displays the name of the table.|
|Field No.||Indicates the field from which the value should come. This field is only used if the Type = Value or Caption.|
|Field Name||Displays the name of the field.|
|Text||Indicates the text that will be printed if the Type = Text.
Variables can be entered into this field. HTML tags can be used as well (see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645967.aspx to find supported tags).
|Document Text Code||Identifies the code for the Document Text that will be used for the field.|
|System Value||Indicates the system value to use if the Type = System. The options are:
- User ID – User ID logged into the system.
- Today – Today’s day (based on the operative system).
- Workdate – Workdate according to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Client.
- User Language – Language of which the Client is running.
- Time – Current time (based on the operative system).
- Company Name – Name of the company into which the user is logged.
|Blank Zero||Determines if the system should print zeros for this field or not.|
|Skip if Blank||Determines if the system should skip printing a blank field or not. Skipping a blank field will leave space for other fields to be printed.|
|Carry Over||Determines if carry over values are used in the document. The options are:
- Create – used to identify the field for which to summarize/create the carry over (for example Line Amount in documents). Only one field inside the document layout can have this value. Furthermore, the Type field must be Decimal.
- End – used to finish the summarizing. Multiple fields inside the document layout can have this value (for example Total Text Value in documents). The first occurrence when running the report will stop to summarize the value.
|Rounding||Indicates the rounding precision for numeric values.|
|Format String||Indicates the format in which the value should be displayed. If the value is a decimal value, the Format String can be used to set the number of decimals, etc.; if the value is a date value, the Format String can be used to set the date format.
Refer to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Help for information about specifying different formats.
|Uppercase||Determines if the field will be uppercase.|
|Last Record||If selected, the system will use the values from the last record (instead of the first) if there is more than one record within the filter.|
|Fore Color||Indicates the color of the foreground for the field.|
|Font Style||Indicates the Font Style for the field. The options are Normal and Italic.|
|Font Family||Indicates the Font Family for the field. If this field is empty, the system will use the value in the Font Family field in the header of the Document Layout.|
|Font Size||Indicates the Font Size for the field. If this field is empty, the system will use the value in the Font Size field in the header of the Document Layout.|
|Font Weight||Indicates the Font Weight for the field (bold, extra bold, light, etc.).|
|Text Decoration||Indicates the Font Decoration for the field (underline, overline, etc.).|
|Vertical Alignment||Indicates the vertical alignment of the field. The options are Top and Middle.
For FlowLayout reports, the vertical alignment is automatically set to Top.
|BLOB Field Usage||Defines the rendering of a BLOB field. The options are:
- Ignore – Option for all fields that are not BLOB fields.
- Image – The BLOB field will be rendered as a picture. This option only works in combination with flow layouts, not with the classic layouts.
|No. of Filters||Displays the number of filters set up for this field.|
|No. of Criteria||Displays the number of criteria set up for this field.|
The actions on the Document Layout Fields page are described in the following table.
|Filters||Opens the filter configuration for the current layout field. For more information see Document Layout Filters.|
|Criteria||Opens the filter configuration for the current layout field. For more information see Document Layout Criteria.|
|Font||Opens the font configuration for the current layout field. Use this function to easily configure the font family, size, alignment and other font related formatting options.|
|Barcode||Opens the barcode configuration for the current layout field. Use this function to print a layout field as a barcode and to configure the respective barcode settings.|
|Run Report||Generates a printed output for testing the Document Layout configuration. This function uses the current Document Layout independent of its status (when running a report from another place in the system, the user can only select from certified layouts with the valid starting and ending dates).|
|Set Field Widths||Automatically populates the Field Width (pt) field of all lines in the section.
The system will calculate the width based on the Indentation (pt) of the next field on the same line and subtract it with the Column Margin (pt) specified when running the function.
Submit feedback for.