Procurement Processing with Execution Units
Procurement processing from PaC Structural Plans created with Execution Units is generally handled the same way as other jobs in COSMO Project Manufacturing. This section briefly shows the procurement processing for work packages and then more detailed usage of procurement processing of the placing units.
Procurement Processing with Work Packages
PaC Structural Plans created from work packages uses the standard COSMO Project Manufacturing planning and procurement functionality. On the PaC Structural Plan page for the Work Package PaC job, choose the Planning and Processing action on the Processing menu.
The Job Planning and Processing page opens with the complete structure from the PaC Structural Plan, ready for procurement processing. The procurement planning lines can be created based on different procurement channels. For example, planning can be started for construction or engineering services, or any material procurements.
Procurement Processing with Placing Units
Procurement processing with placing units also uses the standard COSMO Project Manufacturing functionality, but some defaults can be set up in the Execution Unit before planning (or the PaC Structural Plan) begins. It is not mandatory to set up the defaults, it just automates some of the steps in the procurement processing.
Add Procurement Defaults to Execution Unit
- On the Execution Unit page for the placing unit job, ensure that the proper General Component Code is entered, which specifies the G/L purchase account that is used in the purchase documents.
- Expand the Procurement FastTab.
- In the Procurement Channel and Procurement Finish Date fields, enter the procurement parameters to be used.
- In the Procurement Vendor No. field, enter the vendor to which the quote or order should be created.
- Release the execution unit.
- On the Process menu, choose the Update Placing Job action.
- Choose the Yes button to update the placing job and then the OK button to close the confirmation message.
Process Procurement for Execution Unit
For the purpose of this example, the planning and procurement processes are run to generate a Purchase Order.
- On the PaC Structural Plan page for the Placing Unit PaC job, choose the Planning and Processing action on the Processing menu.
- The Job Planning and Processing page opens with the complete structure from the PaC Structural Plan, ready for procurement processing. The procurement defaults from the Execution Unit are also available.
- On the Procurement menu, choose the Plan action.
- Choose the Current line + sub-structure option and then choose the OK button to create the procurement planning lines. The Procurement Planning field is updated accordingly.
- On the Procurement menu, choose the Release action.
- Choose the Current line + sub-structure option and then choose the OK button to release the procurement planning lines.
- A message opens asking to create the Procurement Documents. Choose the Yes button to create the Purchase Order.
- The Procurement Planning and Procurement Release fields are updated accordingly. Choose the Yes value in one of the released planning lines to open the Purchase Order based on the BoQ position structure. Note that the Execution Code is assigned in the General FastTab.
Submit feedback for.