Operation scheduling in COSMO Discrete Manufacturing allows you to perform rough scheduling and supply planning according to milestones. The document schedule is assigned in the Sales Order line and in the Purchase Order line.
Since several milestones may be connected, the schedule provides a temporal sequence and a duration overview without already requiring BOMs or work plans, or even direct relation to events within the ERP system. This schedule can be stored early in the Sales Order and serve as a communication device or guideline for employees.
All scheduling setup is accessed individually using Tell Me. Choose the icon, enter the page name, and then choose the related link.
The operation types define standard deadlines and are required when a document schedule is created.
In document schedules, standard operations represent frequently required deadlines. The operations are entered here and then do not need to be entered again for each new document schedule.
Operation Routing Links
Routing Link Codes can be stored in the definition of the standard operations.
Operation Routing Links are a further link between individual operations and are not to be confused with the standard Routing Link Codes in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Schedule Templates provide the basic setup for the operation schedules.
To assign the Schedule Templates to a sales/purchase order
- Choose Line > Document Schedule on the Lines FastTab.
- Choose the Edit action on the Manage menu to open the Schedule Template page.
The standard schedules created are recorded in chronological order. The standard values can be changed here. A person responsible for these can also be assigned here. Deadlines can be recorded both sequentially and in parallel using the Previous Operation No. and Next Operation No. fields. Parallel operations are considered if Document Schedules are calculated.
Once a schedule is selected for use, the Document Schedule page opens, where the schedule is manually managed. The Document Schedule page will open each time the Document Schedule action is chosen from the sales/purchase line.
To enter information in the Document Schedule
- In the Planned Starting Date and Planned Ending Date fields, enter the planned date range for each milestone.
- In the first Completion % field, enter the percentage of which the milestone is completed. The next Completion % field provides a graphical representation of completion.
- In the Actual Starting Date and Actual Ending Date fields, enter the actual dates that the milestone was performed. When values are entered in either of these fields, the Expected Starting Date and Expected Ending Date fields are calculated based on the actual dates.
- On the Process menu, use:
- the Forward and Backward actions to change the scheduling method.
- the Show Document action to open the Sales Lines/Purchase Lines page, which shows the document to which the selected line is related. Additional information about the sales/purchase line is available and the sales/purchase document can be opened from these pages.
- On the Contact menu, the To-dos and Create Interact actions become available if a Contact No. is assigned to a line in the Document Schedule. Use these action to create a connection to Marketing capabilities for that specific line.
Document Schedules in Document Lines
Fields in the sales/purchase order lines indicate whether a document schedule exists for the line, as well as the maximum planned and expected ending dates that show the latest dates from the linked Document Schedule, which helps identify if there is a date conflict.
Document Schedule Sales/Purchase
All Document Schedules that exist for sales and purchase documents can be viewed in the Document Schedule Sales and Document Schedule Purchase pages, respectively.
All functions available in the respective document orders are available in the Document Schedule Sales/Purchase pages when the Edit List action is used.
Submit feedback for.